Oct 27, 2008

An EBC Girls' Small Group Activity

We had our Ring 'n Run Pumpkin delivery tonight! Six of the girls in our group brought pumpkins over and carved them with Christian symbols and attached the following poem:

A Christian Pumpkin

I am a Jack O' Lantern My light will shine so bright
For I am a Christian pumpkin My symbols tell what's right.
My nose is like the cross on which our Savior died
To set us free from sin We need no longer hide.
My mouth is like a fish The whole wide world to show
That Christians live in this house And love their Savior so!
The story starts at Christmas My eyes are like the star
That shone on Baby Jesus And wise men saw from far
My color it is orange Just like the big bright sun
That rose on Easter Day Along with Gods' own Son.
And so on Halloween Let's set our pumpkins out
And tell the trick or treaters What Gods' love is all about!
Author Unknown
We borrowed the church van and loaded our pumpkins for delivery...

Heading toward a house....

Ok, we're there! Shhhh...

And another delivery...and another...

...until we're done!
The Mission Team Picture...

1 comment:

Cathy Womble said...

What wonderful pictures. I love their smiles. It feels so good to do things for others. I'm glad you are teaching the girls about that.